Boys & Girls Clubs of Mason Valley is governed by a board of directors, which is led by Board President Anna Draper. Day-to-day operations are led by Chief Professional Officer Travis Crowder.
Yearly membership at the Club costs $10.00 per year (excluding Silver Springs due to grant funding of the 21st Century Community Learning Centers (CCLC)). Daily fees apply to some sites. Parents of members 12 and under must go through an annual orientation. Teens may pick up a membership application for any club site. No membership fees will apply.
Yerington – Wednesdays at 5:00 p.m.
Silver Springs – Wednesdays at 5:00 p.m.
Dayton Elementary – Wednesdays at 5:00 p.m.
Riverview Elementary – Tuesdays at 5:00 p.m. (Closed for Summer)
Sutro Elementary – Thursdays at 5:00 p.m. (Closed for Summer)
Mineral County – Fridays at 5:00 p.m.
Boys & Girls Clubs of America:
Boys & Girls Clubs of Mason Valley is part of a national network of affiliated Clubs. The national organization, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, began in 1860 with several women in Hartford, Conn. Believing that boys who roamed the streets should have a positive alternative, they organized the first Club.
- In 1906, several Boys Clubs decided to affiliate. The Federated Boys Clubs in Boston was formed with 53 member organizations –this marked the start of a nationwide Movement.
- In 1931, the Boys Club Federation of America became Boys Clubs of America.
- In 1956, Boys Clubs of America celebrated its 50th anniversary and received a U.S. Congressional Charter.
- To recognize the fact that girls are a part of our cause, the national organization’s name was changed to Boys & Girls Clubs of America in 1990. Accordingly, Congress amended and renewed our charter.
Why Boys & Girls Clubs Are Special
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Four key characteristics define the essence of a Boys & Girls Club. All are critical in exerting positive impact on the life of a child:
- Dedicated Youth Facility: The Boys & Girls Club is a place – an actual neighborhood-based building – designed solely for youth programs and activities.
- Open Daily: The Club is open every day, after school, when kids have free time and need positive, productive outlets.
- Professional Staff: Every Club has full and part-time, trained youth development professionals, providing positive role models and mentors. Volunteers provide key supplementary support.
- Available/Affordable to All Youth: Membership dues are affordable. Clubs reach out to kids who may lack access to other community programs.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Mason Valley is a 501(c)3 (nonprofit) organization and donations are tax deductible.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_empty_space height=”40px”][vc_column_text]
To receive email updates, click below.[/vc_column_text][mk_button dimension=”outline” size=”large” url=”http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=00168RWZyaA-wC5h1EmkDXNTsh2v6WJDmqoNEk5Nwq1WasGp1dNBJ47N9obdeGvi477M20qS4TBXB_N2IyMwJa7n19SY_dAdIbvk61we2WsnHYFbMc1IZyMIOdEUAzO23-wR3KVEQR9i1mDxex5fxG1i6E_OpTXM1u_ThLQ-3jbddk%3D” target=”_blank” align=”center” margin_right=”0″ outline_skin=”custom” outline_active_text_color=”#0095ca” outline_hover_bg_color=”#0095ca” outline_hover_color=”#ffffff”]Newsletter Sign Up[/mk_button][vc_empty_space height=”80px” el_class=”interior-bottom-space”][/vc_column][/vc_row]